27 February 2013

Messy French Manni

Personally, when it comes to my hair and nails, I prefer the messy, "I didn't try hard, and yet it still looks good" look.  When painting my nails, I have little patience to make sure that every finger looks perfect.  It's always frustrating when I take an hour to draw on my nails, only to be devastated when it accidentally smears against something.  Here's an easy way to spice up plain nails without breaking a sweat! 


MATERIALS:
*2 different colored nail polishes 
(I like mixing a solid color w/ metallic)
*base coat
(brand:seche)
*top coat
(brand:seche)
*Q-tips
--for nail polish, I used ESSIE's Smokin Hot & REVLON's silver dollar--

STEP 1

-apply a layer of base coat on all your fingers, this will help protect your nails.

STEP 2

-Apply 1 layer of the solid nail color on to your nails.  Don't worry if the polish comes on uneven, just make sure you've covered the edges around the nail.

STEP 3

-Wait 2 or 3 minutes after you've finish painting, then apply a second coat.  The second coat will ensure that your nails would be evenly opaque.

STEP 4

-While waiting for your second coat to dry, pour a quarter size amount of the metallic polish onto a piece of paper/card stock.

STEP 5

-Using a Q-tip, dip one of the ends into the metallic nail polish.  A little goes a long way, so you don't need a glob of polish.

STEP 6

-You don't need to be Picasso to do this next step. GO WILD! GO CRAZY! Imagine you're using the stamp.  Start of one end of your nail and just "stamp" the polish onto the tip of your nail.  You're basically just making a dot going across from one end the other.  Repeat this step for all of your nails.

STEP 7

-The final step is to apply a top coat to give your nails an extra shine and prevent them from chipping.

STEP 8

-Admire your work!!

With every day activities, nails tend to chip easily.  I always thought going to a nail salon was a waste of money for something that I can probably do at home.  Hopefully this DIY will inspire you to get creative with your nails, and remember, it's okay to be sloppy!

Until next time...
H.P.





No comments:

Post a Comment