14 February 2013

V-DAY DIY MANI


Valentine's Day is literally around the corner and I was just thinking to myself "What on earth am I doing for Valentine's Day?" My boyfriend and I haven't put much thought about it because we are both so busy.  If we do end up going out to dinner, I don't even have an outfit! Yikes! Anyway, as I was digging through my closet to find a lovely number to wear tomorrow night, I came across some nail polish sitting on my desk luring for me to pick them up.  I dusted those bad boys out and decided to be a little festive and get creative.  I loved how my nails came out so I decided to share!




First and foremost you will need a red (or pink) base, followed by some metallic and let's just throw some glitter on there. I also used my Sally Hansen Double Duty which is used as a base & top coat. 


Here's where it gets interesting. We are using washi tape and scissors.  I used the kind to trim eyebrows.  I also bought the washi tape at Michael's for $1.49.

So we start by applying the base, followed by either the red or pink polish. Let your nails dry for about 5-10 minutes. 

Cut about 2-3 inches of the washi tape and fold it in half, letting the ends stick out as pictured above. 

You are then taping those ends of the washi tape and cutting half a heart at the center. 

Go ahead and see if you actually cut it into an actual heart.  It's not so tricky as it sounds. 

Place the washi tape over any nail you desire. You want to put the metallic coat on first and then glitter! 

Simply remove the washi tape while the glitter polish is still wet.  You do not want the washi tape to dry on your nail!! 

Last but not least, clean off any excess polish make it look amazing and if you are still feeling a little creative grab a Nail Art Pen (Urban Outfitters $.99) and start doodling. 

I hope you guys enjoy this fun-loving DIY and have a great Valentine's Day!

Until Next Time

A.R.

No comments:

Post a Comment