18 February 2013

Transform your denim shorts!

Last summer I got a pair of acid wash denim shorts that have a lace cut out on the sides. I'm absolutely in love with them and want to wear them with every outfit. I always thought of adding the lace cut outs to some other pairs of my denim shorts but never knew how. Little did I know, adding the lace on your own can be done in just a few simple steps. I'm so excited to share this with you guys and encourage you to try it as well!


All you need:

  • denim shorts
  • scissors
  • about 2 feet of trim or lace (it's better to have too much than not enough)
  • pins
  • same color thread as the lace
  • sewing needles


Step 1.
Cut a triangle to the side of your shorts. Be sure to make the cut out the same size as the piece of lace.


Step 2. 
Pin the lace in place over the cut out of the jeans. 


Step 3.
Hand sew the lace in place. Make sure to sew the inside and the out side of the shorts to be sure that the lace is secure. 

Now you can remove the pins and show off your new creation!


I hope you all love this summer/spring look as much as I do!
Until Next Time
A.G

No comments:

Post a Comment